Lincoln's churches prior to the Reformation

All Saints

Near the Deanery

St Leonard

Eastgate

All Saints

Beyond the Bar

St Margaret

North side of Cathedral

Holy Cross

High Street, south of Great Gowt drain

St Mark

High Street

Holy Innocent

In Malandre Close

St Martin

Martin's Lane

St Andrew

Within the Palace

St Mary Magdalene

Exchequergate

St Andrew

Wigford, High Street

St Mary Crackpool

Newland

St Andrew

Beyond the Bar

St Mary le Wigford

High Street

St Augustine

South east of New Gaol

St Michael le Wigford

High Street

St Benedict

High Street

St Michael on the Mount

Near Bishop's Palace

St Bartholomew

West side of Castle

St Nicholas

Newport

St Botolph

Near the Bar

St Panond

Broadgate

St Clement

Beyond the Bar

St Paul

North east of Castle

St Clement

Westgate

St Peter at Arches

Silver Street corner

St Cuthbert

Near Bull Ring Lane

St Peter

In the Bail

St Dennis

Thorngate

St Peter

Eastgate

St Edward

High Street, near St Mark's

St Peter ad Placita

Old Fish Market

St Edward the King

Site unknown

St Peter at Gowts

Near Gowt's Bridge

St Faith

By the Fish Closes

St Peter

Broadgate

St George's Chapel

High Bridge

St Peter by the Pump

East of Broadgate

St Giles

Eastgate

St Peter

Beyond the Bar

St Gegory

Closegate

St Rumbold

Top of Broadgate

St James

Newland

St Stephen

Newland

St John the Baptist

Newport

St Swithin

Near Sheep Market

St John

Old Fish Market

St Trinity

Near Greestone Stairs

St John

Cornhill

St Trinity

Closegate

St Lawrence

Butchery Lane

 

 

 

 

Church still standing and in use

Church still standing but not in use

 Church on or near site but not original

Church lost before 1856

Church demolished after 1856

 

Source - White's History Gazetteer and Directory of Lincolnshire 1856

Back